A way to have minefields visible ?

Since minefields, before the use of air sown mines, were usually delimited by post warning sign, I would like to be able to edit them and had them appear to all. Actually (if I don't make any mistake) the post sign appear , only when the mine explode. You are then unable to delimitate the minefield, till they all explode.

If the post sign is seen, troops will avoid the minefield and or have engineers at work to clear it. That takes time in deroutting and or clearing.

Besides, if a dummy minefied could be set, the enemy won't venture in it, but you could assault through it.

If there is a way, let me know.

I think that if it could be implemented, that would be a formidable asset to WWII Normandy, when it comes.

German engineers used dummy and time (life of the fuze set to a week, 2 weeks, a month... fuzed mines quite often and more often than never real minefields had dummy mines lanes to make patrols and or tracks way for eventual counter attack.

Hm, it could be done by changing the roadsign flavor object............................Other than that, you could also use a terrain objective zone with no points assigned to mark mined areas.

Thanks, that is what I thought but I am not that much used to go in changing flavor objet. I am afraid to make a mistake doing so.

If I get to have some good knowledge of the proceeding, I shall attempt to do it.

I would like, also to be able to make inscription, like shops names on the building or edit new roadsigns.

For these reasons, I shall accept gladly any flavor objet editing advices.

If you find the textures for the mine signs, you can try to copy these into the roadsign textures.

The downside of changing roadsigns into mine signs is however, players who don't have the sign mod will wonder why there is a roadsign in the middle of a map. ;)

Anyway, you don't need to worry about doing something wrong with modding textures. I'd suggest putting modded textures into the Z folder. This way you can easily delete any modded textures again and the game will automatically restore the original textures - so there's hardly anything you can do wrong, as long as you leave the game core data alone. :)

If you find the textures for the mine signs, you can try to copy these into the roadsign textures.

The downside of changing roadsigns into mine signs is however, players who don't have the sign mod will wonder why there is a roadsign in the middle of a map. ;)

Anyway, you don't need to worry about doing something wrong with modding textures. I'd suggest putting modded textures into the Z folder. This way you can easily delete any modded textures again and the game will automatically restore the original textures - so there's hardly anything you can do wrong, as long as you leave the game core data alone. :)

A perfect situation to use the mod manager! ;)