Graphics and Resolution Problems help!

ketzer

I have pent III 500 with geforce1 card and 190 RAM but when i start game it only gives me lowest resolution option 640 X 480 or whatever. PLease help if I say skip to higher resolution it just gives me error message

also after i have downloaded a mod what do i do? in what CM folder should i put it? does it go there automatically? do i need to double click on it? thanks

Guest Madmatt

Make sure you are have DirectX 7.0a installed and pick up the newest Detonator 3 drivers from Nvidea.

Grab DX7.0A from HERE: http://download.microsoft.com/download/win98SE/Update/7.0a/W9X/EN-US/DX7Aeng.exe

And the new Nvidea drivers are available from either Nvideas website or you can try new beta drivers which are at www.reactorcritical.com

Most mods come with install directions but the majority of the mods are graphics and as such you just copy them into your BMP folder.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-26-2000).]

Here is the problem I am having. My desktop resolution is set to 800*600. I want to play game at 1024*768. But when I start it, it won't let me use 1024*768. So I make desktop resolution 1024*768 and then run the game at 1024*768. It is suppose to save settings, yet when I restore my desktop to 800*600 and launch the game again - I get only 800*600.

System: GeForce 2 GTS, latest drivers, Windows 2000 SP1.

Any suggestion, guys ?

dima - if you want to change resolutions for the game only QRes could possibly help. There is no mention of Windows 2000 compatibility with this product however and there is mention of some screen flickering in Windows NT 4.0. Anyway, this program may help you switch resolutions for the game only and allow you to keep your desktop resolution at 800 x 600. The "configuration wizard" should allow to apply the resolution change when you launch CM.

QRes:

http://www.berend.com/qres.html