AI move/fire efficiency

I've done a lot of mucking about with running AI through the paces of attacking. I've noticed that there is a tendency for AI to wait quite some time before responding to incoming fire when on the move with fire of their own.

Is this limited by CPU update speed to individual groups/soldiers? Or is it simply a function of how the AI is actually coded to respond? Or a combination of both?

I've noticed that AI response to incoming fire by attacking soldiers is still less than ideal. Is this being affected heavily by morale hits when being fired upon on the move?

Is there any tweaking of this item in v. 1.11 one way or another?

In some tests in buildings with no windows and only one door, I also found that it was possible for Syrian irregulars to spot my troops adjacent to a building through the corner of the adjoining building and bring fire on them. How is this possible? They'd have to be spotting me through the solid wall.

There are still some abstractions here I just don't understand.

Also, back to the original topic: In repeated tests no matter how Green the occupying troops are, you can't move even Elite troops (using any movement mode) into the building without getting slaughtered. The dominance of the stationary defenders is always absolute. This is troublesome to me. It seems like chess-like results when doing something that is maybe unwise but probable always leads to the same conclusion.

If I even suspected that you could get a favorable outcome 20-30% of the time with the superior troops it would seem more like a simulation than just DO A) You lose. DO B) You win.

Also, back to the original topic: In repeated tests no matter how Green the occupying troops are, you can't move even Elite troops (using any movement mode) into the building without getting slaughtered. The dominance of the stationary defenders is always absolute. This is troublesome to me. It seems like chess-like results when doing something that is maybe unwise but probable always leads to the same conclusion.

If I even suspected that you could get a favorable outcome 20-30% of the time with the superior troops it would seem more like a simulation than just DO A) You lose. DO B) You win.

+1 to this discussion - This is troublesome, if the case, meaning if a chess-like, or paper-rock-sissors type situation is going on here -