SLI configuration. Can my supply power handle it?

I have an enlight power supply rated at 640W.

I'm planning to add 1 more graphics card as I'm not happy with the performance of my current 8600GT(What a waste of money). So I'm planning to by either 9800GT or 9800GTX.

The problem is I'm not quite sure whether my power supply can handle both GPU:

My planned SLI configuration is either

9800GT & 8600GT

or 9800GTX & 8600GT

Available power supply 640W.

should I dump the 8600GT? Or can I safely use it in dual GPU configuration with my current available power supply?

And buying a new power supply is a not an option I'd like to take for cost consideration.

Thanks

What the hell is an enlight PSU?

No way.

No-name PSUs don't even deliver half the power that a high-quality PSU with the same wattage rating brings.

And you cannot mix two different cards.

Why in the world do you want SLI in these low speeds anyway? A single GX280 is obviously better.

Okay I'll try searching for GX280. Obviously I choose to get 9800GT or 9800GTX for their cost consideration. And as far as I know it's as least as fast as the 8800GT/GTX

Thank for tlling me that I can't mix two different series of card in tandem.

Could you please report back on what improvement you eventually see with this upgrade?

Like you, I have been very disapponited with my current 8600GT, and have been considering a Combat Mission friendly upgrade for a little while, so I'm intrigued what your experience is.

Thanks in advance!!

I haven't bought the new GPU card.

After seeing numerous threads on poor performance I concluded that buying another GPU card would not be an effective solution to solve CMSF performance issue.

Perhaps I'll get a new card later to play Empire Total War, the game which is on my must to buy list. But it's not going to be released until the first quarter of 2009. Until then I use my 8600GT.