CD not detected

After installing the game, I can't get Combat Mission to detect the CD. It just pops up with a 'CD required' and hit OK and returns to desktop.

I have a Pioneer DVD-ROM x10 drive. My guess is that the copy protection scheme used does not work with my drive.

Any help is appreciated since it's pretty much a wallpaper right now.

You may want to check your DVD-ROMs firmware to see if you may need an update. Go to Control Panel > System control panel > Device Manager > CDROM (DVD) (click on plus or double click CDROM) > Highlight your Pioneer DVD or double click on it > Click on the Properties button (not necessary if you double-clicked on your Pioneer DVD) > Settings tab. In the upper right of this tab there should be info on your firmware version.

About mid-way through this webpage is the firmware updates for ATAPI DVDs. Read the disclaimer carefully and look for your model (if it is listed). Compare the version number to see if it is any newer than yours.

Pioneer Driver page:

http://www.pioneerusa.com/tec.html

To be honest this will probably not fix your problem, but you could try it to see if it is something that was addressed in the update.

The copy protection scheme defeats "standard" CDR copying of CM (that works). Unless you have a different method available to make copies to a CDR, then you will have to use the original CD.

Alright, finally got it to run.

Maus, thanks for the tip. I knew it wasn't the CDROM or the copy protection after your post.

The CD sent to me came with v102. I downloaded and installed the latest patch and the latest patch was v101. This wasn't good. After completely removing and reinstalling from the CD, it worked. My fault.

Thanks again.