Production delays

Clarke

Hi, I am just getting started on SC2 and am currently going through the Storm of Steel campaign. I have been undoing the fog of war option every other turn or so to watch what the Germans are building and see how many MPP they are collecting. Like I say I am just trying to learn about the game and about the editor.

What I have noticed is that the production delay for the Germans seems to be considerably shorter for the Germans while controlled by the AI than for any of the human controlled allied countries.

According to the information in the editor when I load the campaign file the delay is the same for all units of all countries, yet in practice that does not appear to be the case.

Latest example is an anti-air unit I purchased for the Americans last turn. 4/23/1943 I think it was. Production delay 3 and is due to enter the game August 24th.

The Germans under AI guidance purchased a corps an army and a anti-tank unit each with production delay of 3 also. They get their stuff may 24th. The AI made its purchase on it's previous turn so I am not sure of the date but it is either the same as mine or perhaps two weeks earlier.

Anyone else notice this? Am I in error on how I am reading this? Is it editable? So far I can find no setting for production delay that would indicate there is an intentional discrepancy.

By the way; I am really enjoying this game and looking forward to the Pacific theater version. Nice job, my hats off to all involved.

Thanks and I am glad you are enjoying the game :)

The production delay issue you have seen might be due to the fact that winter turns are much longer than spring and summer turns, i.e. Winter turns are 1 month in length and Spring Turns are 2 weeks etc. Plus the turns alternate so you could play a turn starting February 25 and your next turn will not be until April 7th etc. For example:

February 25th (Human)

March 24th (AI)

April 7th (Human)

This might explain why it seemed to go quicker for the AI in your example since the AI may have bought its units in the Winter months etc. It could be this or it could be units coming off of the P/Q or via a unit script which may confuse things. Not sure if those apply of course but I thought I would throw that in there just in case for consideration.

Hope this helps,

Hubert