US Foreign Policy 2000-2008 summary

orwell

I was wondering if any of you grogs here might know a good book I might look up that gives a sort of summary of the Iraq/Afghan war with clear mentions of how the world has responded to this - indepth I mean, it's pretty clear the general feeling is one of disprovable. Ideally up to early 2008 if possible, maybe 2007, but preferably something very recent.

Thanks.

Just to clarify if for some reason it's unclear - I am NOT looking to start a political debate, just looking for information beyond whatever someone wanted to hack into wikipedia.

Define 'world' - do you mean other governments, or all the individuals from babies to grannies? Also, define 'clear mentions' and 'response' and 'indepth', because when discussing the world of politics and foreign policies in particular, clarity is something that you lose first and you can only get it back on stage by sacrificing the 'in depth' part.

By the world I mostly mean the governments. It might talk about, for example, how the population of Spain condemned the war, and eventually the government pulled probably in response to this, while say Britain, my understanding is that the population condemns the war there as well, but due to relations with the US has probably stood with the US much longer than otherwise they would have. Clear mentions is that the book would actively look at foreign participation and response to the war as much as about the war itself. Depth can be sacrificed for clarity, I'm really looking for how nations have responded to the wars over the years. Have they been staunch condemners of the wars for the entire length of them. Did they initially support them and switch positions? If possible I'd like to find responses from a lot of countries besides just how 'the west' as typically reported in the media views the war. Does China condemn it? Have they said anything at all on it? Are they supporting us in it? What about Japan?

Yes, there are tidbits I could pull from just news sources and run with that, but I'd like some sounder backing than, say, BBC reporting Georgia pulling out troops supporting the US in Iraq to fight August war.