A small request for CM Normandy

I am hoping that BFC will include an option in the scenario editor to name our own leaders and make it stick. There were SO many real life heroes with terrific stories on both sides in that camapign that not having this would be a crying shame. It would also be really good if we could have a 'hero' unit like in ASL, that could emerge rarely in combat and is capable of single handedly changing the course of the mission.

Obviously, the latter would require a lot of coding so I won't hold my breath, but the former shouldn't be all that hard to do?;)

In CMx1 there was a random chance for a unit to prove to be fanatical. Such squads wouldn't break even when under heavy fire and taking lots of casualties. You just wouldn't know which one(s), until you'd see one squad fight to the last man and repel a human wave by itself.

I don't know if there is any similar mechanism in CMx2 - the motivation probably handles some related thing, but it's all fuzzy for me.

Yeah, I'd expect custom leader names for those historical scenarios.

The addition of custom names would be very welcome. While creating a campaign Core File, I looked at the unit names in the 3D Deploy Unit view and then went back into the 2D Editor and renamed the units based on their rank and assigned name, only to have all the names changed randomly when the Core File was imported into my first battle.

It would really increase the immersion factor for me, if we will be able to rename a unit and track the units statistics through out a campaign or series of battles, or at least one battle.

Regarding the Editor - Will the Aquire command be added to the Editor so that we can supply troops prior to the start of a battle?

Do we know what units will be in CM-N, Im assuming here that like SF, there will be a core unit, Ard inf or such like, supported by various units. Then we may get a Para Module or mortain Module etc?

I like using the actual names etc, would be a good addition.

I had heaps of "hero" units in CMX1. Most of the time, they just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I had one fairly memorable battle in CMBB where a Romanian rifle squad and tank hunter team stopped the best part of a Russian conscript rifle battalion on their own. Another time a single flakvierling held up several companies of paratroopers with moderate support. I had Cromwells making monumentally unlikely shots, in succession, and all manner of other incidents.