I am in!

Mord

Mord,

What you have done (joining the Army infantry during two wars) is both brave and honorable. It is something that you will always be proud of, and hell, we're all proud of you too.

I was terrified when I joined the Navy (had orders to BUD/S) and I didn't know what to expect. But after I got to know the routine, it was no problem. But I guess nothing I say will cure any jitters, you'll just have to get over that once you get there.

Take good care, my friend. We'll be talking more before you ship out.

Pvt Ryan, I live right by you in Simi Valley. Lived in Tarzana for a short time too.

I also lived in the same town as Normal Dude for a while too! Small world.

Way to go... I had thought about returning as well but two things went against me... My age, 45 and multiple military related service connected injuries that I am under VA care for now..

I know one thing, you were lucky indeed to get in at your age... If I were you, I would make it at least 20 years and not have to worry then about retirement anymore.. At least with my situation I do not have to worry about that or medical care.

I miss serving.. it was definitely my calling.. even if I did not realize it at the time. Believe me it sucks being bored all the time now day in and day out.....

Thanks a lot fellas...and especially to Seabee, you're an A1, class act.

Just got back from my first future soldier training. We did some PT...man, oh man! I can barely lift my arms...I was embarrassed I sucked so bad! But by the time I leave for BCT I should be doing ok.

BTW, this weekend is gonna kick butt, I am going to Ft. Meade on Saturday, they are gonna have a Stryker on display. So I'll get some pics, and post them. If it's the same one that's on the flier than it'll be the one with the TOW mount.

Mord.