New 4.1 cats and CMAK problem

Which Windows version do you run ? There has been a 'patch' to the Microsoft-originated problem with the WM_TIMER patch. This updated version might fix this problem, but this may also just be related to Antialiasing code within the driver.

Thanks for the heads-up. It definitely good to hear what problems people are having so others don't have to experience it themselves.

• 5 weeks later...

My Sunday was ruined when I made the mistake of installing the fresh Catalyst drivers; my copy was infected with the black screen bug as well! Then I obviously tried to revert to the old drivers (the January release), no help.

Are you guys sure there isn't some Rage3D tweaker option that we've missed? Since I did... something... And got rid of the stupid bug the last time. But now it's back. I want a clear answer, dammit! :mad:

Have you uninstalled the Catalyst driver completely from your system (and not just 'installed over' it) ? I usually suggest that people uninstall their previous driver and reboot before installing the newer driver. Sometimes a special uninstaller program may be necessary in order to get rid of certain registry entries or INF files.

If you have the Rage3D Tweaker installed, then I suggest uninstalling it too (at least temporarily) before installing the newer driver.