Problems with Voodoo Banshee !

I wanted to install CMBO on my second PC, but got problems.

Specs: vid card Guillemot Voodoo Banshee Maxi Gamer 16 mb , original drivers from CD

Pentium 2 300mhz

192 mb RAM

SoundBlaster Live! value

All colours are distorted, in accelerated and software mode.

Changed resolution to 800x600 or 640x480, no joy.

Should i download other drivers for my Banshee ?

Who knows which drivers are best in this situation ?

Help!

Monty aka Moose

I'm not sure if updating your drivers is the answer or not. The latest Reference version is 1.04.00. 3dfx recommends using the manufacturer supplied drivers, but that may be unnecessary. I don't know which drivers will be better. The Voodoo Banshees don't support all the graphical effects of CM (some transparency effects and possibly smoke has to be run in compatible mode).

3dfx (look for the Voodoo Banshee AGP/PCI about midway down the page):

http://www.3dfx.com/downloads.htm

Here's Guillemot's website, but I'm not sure which Maxi Gamer model you have (is it possibly the Phoenix ?):

http://us.guillemot.com/support/

It's strange that the colors should be wrong in even software mode. You are running in 16-bit color or higher correct ? If there is any Glide support options you could turn off, do so. I'm not sure what DirectX options are available for the Voodoos, but you may want to check them out also. What version of DirectX do you have installed ? I don't think that anything newer than 7.0a is going to offer you any better compatibility, but reinstalling DirectX may be a course of action to take here (but I'm thinking it is more likely a video driver or configuration problem).