Paradox CMSF patch 1.10 fails

Hi

I have downloaded the patch from Gamershell and installed it as instructed. BUt on starting the game, all I get is a black screen and nothing after that. Worked fine as version 1.08 patched from the original Paradox CD.

What can I do to fix this. I am assuming the patch has gone into the right location because the game worked before installation. So a faulty patch?

cheers

Mate, I dl'd Paradox 1.10 from Gamershell [it was actually the only link that was working] and patched up from 1.08 and works no worries. maybe you got a corruption in the dl? Try deleting all your temp internet files, uninstall CMSF, download patch, re-intsall CMSF, install patch.

I used firfox 3.0 plus "DownThemAll" to download.

I noticed when the patch was first posted, one of the sites pointed the Paradox link to the same patch as the BFC link. (I have both versions of the game so I tried to get both patches. FWIW, I have two versions, because I couldn't pass up the Paradox version for $7.00 for a backup that needs no internet to install in the distant future, when the web licensing is long gone. I still play and reinstall games from the 80's occasionally, so I distrust the longevity of any online reliances)

• 1 month later...