Spanish Version of CMSF dont work with 1.08 and 1.10

Hi

The Spanish version of CMSF published by Friendware (Paradox Version) don't work with the patch 1.08 and 1.10.

The spanish buyers are deceptionated and angry about this.

The game manual is cutted (no Editor Tutorial, and Usa and Siria Units and weapons description).

I got the two versions of the game, The BTF edition and Paradox (Friendware edition) i can play but the people is hot about this.

They coming playing CMSF 1.08 using the crack when they got the original game.

Please Help.

Thx

I'm saying that the buyers with this version of the game must use the crack with CMSF 1.08 to play ONWING the original game of the spanish version, of course. The other reality is simply that you can't play a game that you purchased.

I got CMBO, CMBB, CMAK, ToW, 2 copies of CMSF (spanish and BTF version) and CMSF Marines. All originals, dude. I support BTF.

I only want that BTF knows that the spanishs players who purchase the Paradox version in the spanish edition of Friendware can't play with the 1.08v and 1.10v because the game's protection don't run the game.

The solution is purchase CMSF Marines but from the forums i come from (spanish CM sites) the people who got this problem is annoyed and this cause discomfort to buy the Marines when your original CMSF original don't run.

I think thar BTF needs know this because the damage final is for BTF that is the developer.

No all the people in Spain speaks english and they want buy the game in phisical Cd and the Instruccion in his native language.

¿If you got one game that don't run, do you gonna buy the modules that come after?

Thx

I confirm what Erw says. I'm also the "lucky" owner of the spanish version and i've been asking around since the 1.08 patch was released.

No solution has been found so far. I hope they DO find one for 1.10, it's annoying.

Oh, by the way, Marines module works with the spanish version, so i don't know WTH is going on with the patches...

I'm saying that the buyers with this version of the game must use the crack with CMSF 1.08 to play ONWING the original game of the spanish version, of course. The other reality is simply that you can't play a game that you purchased.

I only want that BTF knows that the spanishs players who purchase the Paradox version in the spanish edition of Friendware can't play with the 1.08v and 1.10v because the game's protection don't run the game.

Thx

I can tell you the same problem is with Russian version published by 1C/Snowball. What makes things worse, now we have on shelves the bundle "CMSF/Marines" which is protected not by E-license but with same strange CD protection. And I'm pretty sure 1C won't make patches for their version. We, i.e. Russian players (speaking strictly, not only Russians but residents of othes CIS states too), had this experience enough in the past. For example, CMSF published by 1C/Snowball have currently 1.03 patch (!) while other world plays on 1.10. Yes, we could update CMSF with Paradox patch but after this one should use no-cd crack, as Erw mentioned above.

I'll put it simple:

Who is responsible for producing patches for Russian versions of CMSF (and futher patches of the Marines, British etc.)? Official 1C position that it is developer who takes responsibility for patch production. And they call Snowball their localization team, not developing one.

Then we have 2 options:

1. BFC is responsible for production of localized patches. I'd like to ask you - why don't you release them for Russian version?

2. 1C company takes responsibility for patches. Can you as the main developer/publisher control their post-production support? Can you oblige 1C to produce current versions of patches for Combat Mission series?

We want to play not only SP campaigns but PBEM games with other world too. So we need patches. And we need patches for the versions of the game we see now on shelves here in Russia.

Thank you

Battlefront is producing the patch but each distributor is responsible for applying their DRM and/or copy protection (if they choose something else than what we're using, eLicense), translations etc. Even if we wanted to do it differently we can't because we have no access to the systems that some of the distributors are using. We have no contracts (and do not intend on getting them) with Starforce, Safedisk and what not...

Believe me when I say that we hate being in this situation because the last thing that should happen is that fans can't enjoy the latest version when it's out. :(

Another thread that screams "Buy from BFC". I had a copy from Paralysed Inactive and I could not play either. Buy direct from BFC and these problems go away.

I know it well, but there is one small problem here. Money. :) Of course, Moscow citizens can easily buy games priced 50$ but Moscow is not whole Russia, you know. I can hardly afford to buy games for that price, and if I'd spend 50$ for "just a game" instead of new shoes, dress, golden ring etc. (you've got the point;)) I would have a very serious talk with my wife. :D Seriously, localized Russian copy of CMSF have retail price for some 9$. And hell, why should I, being end buyer care about problems of 1C or let's say true, about their lazyness? Their post-release support is awful, I had it enough with Rome: TW, then CMSF. And I feel I won't be enjoying my CMSF-Marines copy for a long time. :)

Yes Meach, that's a solution, but you have to understand that not all the spanish (or russian, as mentioned above) buyers can speak english. And yes, you can change the menu language, but the game manual will still be in english, and you'll agree that the game manual contains VERY important info. In fact, i had a lot of trouble with the game editor because the spanish manual didn't dropped a single word about it. I don't have any problems reading in english, even though i have some writing :P, but i still like to read in my native language. If a spanish buyer pays for a game, at least he wants to understand WTH he is reading.

I hope you get my point of view.

Anyway, as Moon said, patching and CD protection stuff are under responsability of the distributor, so we'll have to take our complaints to FriendWare, not BattleFront.

Battlefront is producing the patch but each distributor is responsible for applying their DRM and/or copy protection (if they choose something else than what we're using, eLicense), translations etc. Even if we wanted to do it differently we can't because we have no access to the systems that some of the distributors are using. We have no contracts (and do not intend on getting them) with Starforce, Safedisk and what not...

Believe me when I say that we hate being in this situation because the last thing that should happen is that fans can't enjoy the latest version when it's out. :(

Thx for the answer Moon.

I only posted this with the intention of BTF knows the problem.

Maybe contacting with Friendawe the problem could be resolved.

I'm sorry with this situation and the problems of Russians fans, too.

I know the better option is buy in BTF but casual players (or pro players who don't understand english) normally buy in Stores.

Regards

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone. Last post is from 2008, this thread seems cold now...

I just bought CM Shock Force from Media Markt and I'm also struggling with the patches. It's sad, because I have been wanting this game a long time. Now it seems my only option is to return the game to the store and hope I can get my money back.

Buy the game in BFC is not an option for me. I don't want to end up fighting with the licenses. If the game was available on Steam I would check it.