sorry few more questions on Italy/Panzers.

still working on the 26.Pz stuff...just found a copy of concords Panzers in Italy which hopefull will be more helpful than the copy of Panzers in Italy and the balkans(although the photos are great)

I found a referance to 26.Pz Reg in Osprey's Flammpanzers book, it's meantions the 7. Kp/II Abt/26.Pz Rgt assisting the 1. Flamm Kp..and having a strength of 5 panzers in the Zug that attacked with 1. Flamm, 4 Pz IV Lang and 1 Pz IV Kurz.

now IIRC late war Zugs had 4 Pzs not five? or were supposed to have 5 but cause of shortages had 4? also would most of the Zugs be mixed like that? also i am assuming the 7.Kp to be II. Abteilung...I am correct that 26.Pz had only a single battalion in it's regiment?

I've read somewhere that the I/4. Pz Regt(Panthers) was attached/connected to the 26.Pz Reg or Div, but I not sure how, nor have I found Panthers in the lists of equipment the Division had...If there was a connection can someone explain to me how it was?

Now this is for my 1/35 Panzer III N, I found divisional insigna, both the late and early, I figure the rectangle with the circle inside would be correct for '43-44, but I am not sure on the numbers, what color(s) would they be and what style? Solid, outlined, stenciled? Also would a sturmpanzer III carry a certain tactical sign like a StuG or SPG or would it just be like a normal panzer of the division?

Sorry about being a bother on this.

1st January 44 :

( Stabs-Regiment : 1 Bef. lang, 2 Bef. kurz and 1 SP 9 cm ( ital. )

II. Panzer-Abteilung : ( Stab : 2 Bef. lang and 1 Bef. kurz )

5. / 26 : 6 Panzer III kurz and 14 Panzer IV lang

6. / 26 : 6 Panzer III kurz and 12 Panzer IV lang

7. / 26 : 4 Panzer IV kurz and 8 Panzer IV lang

8. / 26 : 7 Panzer IV kurz and 11 Panzer IV lang

1. Flamm.-Kompanie :

7 Flammpanzer III, 6 Stu. 7,5 ( ital. ) and 6 Stu. 10,5 ( ital. )

2. Flamm.-Kompanie :

4 Flammpanzer III, 5 Stu. 7,5 ( ital. ) and 6 Stu. 10,5 ( ital. )

According to the Kriegsgliederung of the 26. Panzer-Division ( Anlage zu 26. Pz.Div. Ia. Nr. 14 / 44 g.Kdos. )

Note that it was perfectly normal for older and short barrelled panzers to be used by officers as their command mounts. The number involved here is slightly more than that use, but platoon HQ vehicles plus company command vehicles are close to what you see as the short numbers. The commanders considered their main role to be directing the entire unit and not individually engaging enemy targets --- a few aces excepted.