Full version - minor graphical problems

I got the full version today (yeah!) and I"m having a few graphical annoyances. First,in the menus, the mouse will leave a square block where I clicked last. Second, while in the game, if I press Esc to go to the desktop, then return to the game, it badly distorts the text on the screen. I don't know how to recover it, except to exit the game and restart it.

My specs:

P3-650

Voodoo5 5500

384 MB SDRAM

Intellimouse Explorer

nothing overclocked. I've tried disabling the Intellimouse software, and tried changing the windows color depth from 32 to 16 bit. I have all the latest drivers for everything (I'm stickler on that stuff).

There have been some rumblings regarding the Voodoo 5 drivers and CM. I believe some people have had your problem (and some haven't), but I don't know if they've found a solution yet or not.

Some of the posts:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/005920.html

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/005475-2.html

This may be an issue between your mouse drivers and the Voodoo 5 drivers (though you may not see the same glitch in other games). You may want to investigate any updates to your mouse driver if you haven't already. If you already have the latest drivers, then you may want to uninstall them and go with the Microsoft generic ones (that come with your OS CD). You'll lose any mouse software features, but you may get rid of the "mouse droppings".

Guest ACTOR

I have the same problem. I have tried tweaking my Voodoo 2 cards drivers, but based on everything I am hearing on the board it sounds like I need a newer card.

If you ever figure out how to fix it, let me know.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffjones:

I got the full version today (yeah!) and I"m having a few graphical annoyances. First,in the menus, the mouse will leave a square block where I clicked last. Second, while in the game, if I press Esc to go to the desktop, then return to the game, it badly distorts the text on the screen. I don't know how to recover it, except to exit the game and restart it.

My specs:

P3-650

Voodoo5 5500

384 MB SDRAM

Intellimouse Explorer

nothing overclocked. I've tried disabling the Intellimouse software, and tried changing the windows color depth from 32 to 16 bit. I have all the latest drivers for everything (I'm stickler on that stuff).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you install the 5500 drivers using the installer? Reinstall the drivers using Device manager. I'm not sure if you know your way around win95/98 so I'll walk you through it. If you do, sorry...Right click on my computer icon and click on properties. Click on the Device Manager tab and click on Display adapters icon. Below the icon should be listed your video card. Double click on it and select the driver tab. If your using win98 select the update driver button and select Display a list of all drivers..... and select next. Select have disk and enter the path of your V5500 drivers. This path will were your V5500 cd-rom is. Once done reboot your system and applied DirectX 7a and reboot again then see if you still have the problem.

Harlock