Work in progress - The Road to Dimas

Okay, here's your first look at the map for the finale...

Dinasv3-1.jpg

I've tried to go for as devastated a look as I possible could with this one so there's LOTS of junk flavour objects strewn around everywhere.

Dinasv2.jpg

I played this through a couple of times this morning and everything seems to be fine. I need to play around a bit with the AI groups but otherwise, it's almost done.

It's not really possible to balance this one as there's simply no way to tell what either side will have. Both sides have core units and this is the final showdown between the two. So, depending on your success in the earlier missions, it could either be a walkover to an utterly unwinnable disaster. :eek:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all likelihood, this will be my last post here before this monster is finished. I played through the finale once again this morning after making some significant adjustments to the terrain as a result of my earlier playtests. Further playtesting is just treading water now so I'm going to get everything finished a.s.a.p so that it's available to download this weekend.

That work consists mainly of rewriting the briefings for a number of missions as a result of the changes made to the campaign structure I mentioned a few posts ago. I also need to test the script again to make sure that all the branches work correctly and then, I'm done with it. Oh, I have no doubt that there'll be a Dinasv2 at some point in the future as there are bound to be a lot of errors that were missed as a result of it only being playtested by myself. But there's nothing that should make it unplayable. My only REAL fear is that it will be too easy. But then, I thought that 'Hasrabit' was too easy when I released it too. I guess you'll all get the opportunity to try it out for yourself later this week... at last.