Masters Tournament and WaT

The time for war has come..............this being the 59th anniversary of the start of WWII we have chosen this time to open a new chapter in wargaming as well. We have created a new website that will be for wargaming, history and intersite tournaments. We are starting with CM but don't intend to limit the intersite tournaments to any single game. The new site is called War and Tactics.

The tournament is the Master's Tournament. The scenario designers are from The Scenario Depot II. They have all earned a rating of 10 or greater on a scenario before 1 January 2008. They were asked to provide a single scenario to test your skills as gamers. Many of them agreed to do so. All wanted to but some had life issues that kept them from participating. Either way, you votes have spoken. We have listened to what you liked and have have made scenarios especially for this tournament. These scenarios have never been seen before but make no mistake they have been playtested!

To register for the tournament you need to go to the new War and Tactics site and register.

http://warandtactics.info/board/ucp.php?mode=register

Once you are registered.

Go to the Index Page.

Find the Forum labeled - Games: TOYS FOR BIG BOYS

The second forum down is Combat Mission: the "Masters Tournament".

Once you enter the forum you will find three subforums. The first is General Discussion Masters Tournament: axis & allied. Enter that subforum.

There are two threads inside.

The first thread you should look at is The Master's Tournament Information thread. This thread explains everything about the tournament. All about the scenarios, how each round is to be played, who will be matched up against who and how, how long the rounds are, what kind of elimination process will be used, the scoring system.....in short.....everything there is to know about the tournament.

Until some of you come up with questions I hadn't thought of....then those answers will be in there as well.

After reading through the information thread you can go to the Master's Tournament Sign Up Thread. There I will need 3 things from you.

1) Your email address.

2) What your CM nickname is.

3) What club/site you will be representing in the community.

This is a community event but as you will read in the information thread you will be scored both as a team and as individuals. When the tournament is finished we will know which site has done the best and which gamer has done the best as well. I expect to see competition from all the sites to be very intense. I've played some of the scenarios in the tournament and they are going to test all of your skills.

Registrations will be from 1 September through 10 September. I'll then set the tournament and have the assignments in your email by 15 September.

Good Luck to you all and Good Hunting.

MR