The Glory of the SIS 650.

Just struggling to get CMAK working on this outdated hunk of rubbish I'm stuck with for the time being. Game installs and starts fine, select scenario etc. HUD/GUI shows up fine, but the battlefield is black, no graphics except the blue locations text, which blurs when I move the viewpoint around.

Was just wondering if this could be repaired: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=561&Itemid=30 so I can get the right driver, or is there another location I can grab it from?

Thank you.

It seems that SiS "borked up" their drivers in the past. Many of their integrated video chipsets could run any of the CMx1 titles, but then at one point some of the newer drivers started exhibiting the problem that you're seeing (a black 3D window).

The SiS650 had this problem for a long time, while other related SiS integrated video chipsets worked fine. I ran across a driver update from the Windows Update site that actually made a SiS650 work. Those drivers are what have been included in the .zip file that your link points to. Download those drivers and follow the text file instructions (included in the .zip) on installing them since they're a manual install only; no setup program is included.

The drivers are actually SiS drivers (almost all drivers from Microsoft actually come from the OEM), but they lack the "control panel" that SiS included with their drivers on their site. It turns out that this control panel (or its registry hooks, etc.) causes some sort of problem with CMx1 titles that results in the black 3D screens. Unfortunately some of the latest drivers available from SiS still will not work even when you manually install them without the control panel (and many like the SiS650 are no longer being updated).

I can't recall how old these particular drivers are for the SiS650, but they are NOT the latest.