OpenGL 3.0 Drivers Released (Beta)

No, the release of the OpenGL 3.0 specification shouldn't affect the CMx2 series. I believe CMSF/CMx2 is programmed to the OpenGL 2.1 standard of the API.

I'm not fully familiar with what OpenGL 3.0 brings to the table in terms of new features in the API. In order to support it, videocard manufacturers will have to update their drivers and, quite possibly, release new hardware to accelerate some of these new functions/API calls.

Most end users only interact with OpenGL via the driver libraries that the videocard manufacturers release. There's typically no separate download of the OpenGL libraries (like DirectX), at least in the case of Windows.

I doubt that Charles will support new OpenGL 3.0 calls for quite awhile since it may take some time for the hardware and drivers to support such calls.