Terrain Objectives

c3k

Gents,

I have played several scenarios with terrain objectives as part of my goals. In some, I am unsure whether I've achieved that objective or not. I use the green objective toggle so I can spot what I need to take (or control).

I think having the green objective change color when you've achieved it would be beneficial. That way, as the clock continues to tick down and there are no enemy contacts, you're not left wondering whether you've missed something.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Ken

I would have thought that in RL if you achivee the objective you might first have to clear the objective to ensure there are no enemy units that have gone tog round. Would not your suggestion mean that this aspect of FOW would be lost i.e. player would know if any enemy units are still lurking close by albeit gone to ground.

I must admit I use this my AI plans to ensure that the player as well as landing on the objective has to also clear it - as unit do in RL - then when you are sure your obejctive is clear announce it?

That was my thought as well, at first. However I have encountered situations when the scenario dragged on interminably despite the fact that I'd almost completely eradicated the enemy. I had to do a lot of backtracking and try to re-occupy all the objectives to see if that was what I'd missed.

FOW is important, but not at the price of ruining the game experience.

Regards,

Ken

Well, I must confess that I have wished for this feature from time to time but, in general, I like the game the way it is. It forces the player to do a thorough search of the entire victory point location to ensure that it's cleared. I often miss one unit but then, the worst that happens is that we both get 0 vps for that location. I even factor this into balancing my missions/scenarios.