Possible Glitches Involving Turkey

Hey all,

I am playing WAW version 1.05 in PBEM. For the first time ever, I decided to try an attack through Turkey. (Yes, I know it is a risky strategy, but I have been having trouble getting tech hits in this game and feel I must try a high risk approach.)

Anyway, with my attack on Turkey, I attacked and captured Istanbul and crossed the Straits with a German Army, but

(i) the port at Istanbul remained Allied despite the capture of the city and the movement of follow-up units to the East bank of the Straits. (I had not planned on sending any naval reinforcements through there, but that's not the point.)

(ii) the tiles adjacent to the German Army that crossed the Straits did not change ownership (so I could not, for example, re-deploy air units to those tiles). Only the tile occupied by the Army itself changed to Axis possession. (In this case, I was considering redeploying an air unit to the East bank -- for spotting purposes -- but could not do so.)

(iii) and the hexes adjacent to the two paratrooper units I landed near Ankara (to slow any Soviet reinforcements to Turkey) again did not change the adjacent tiles to Axis control (so, again, no Axis air re-deployments were possible -- assuming I had planned on that).

Just for fun, I replayed the turn and attacked into Russia (for the record I only "attacked" the far Western tiles of the Ukraine so as not to accidentally see any of my opponent's deployments) and everything was normal (i.e., the land and para units changed tile possession immediately).

Is this a glitch? Has anyone else experienced this?

Wow, once again I am impressed by the quick response.

Anyway, I have opened this file several times now and the glitch appears every time I attack a neutral Turkey, but not when I open the file and use the same units to attack neutral Russia. I will send the file in a few minutes.