1st Shock Force Tournament announced.

Hi

Just to let anyone interested know that an SF Tourney is planned at World at War:

http://worldatwar.eu/index.php?〈=3&refcode=0&location=intro

http://worldatwar.eu/index.php?〈=3&refcode=0&location=boardlistnodes&boardid=144

We already have 8 players and can take multiples of 8.

The rounds will be mirrored and scores added to allow for any imbalance.

Cheers

Oh and any suggestions for some good 2 player, small to medium scenarios is much appreciated.

I played several games H2H and I think that the scenarios H2H are a weak point for CMSF...... Or authors of the scenarios are :cool:......

The critical point is the scoring system, which requires a lot of attention from the author (the editor is very powerful and takes time to be used at best).

My advice is to look carefully settings score of the scenarios (too often the scores are made with no criterio). For example, the presence of points only for terrain based objectives can lead to draws (mirrored and scores added).

One scenario that I can suggest is "Small Town ME redux", but also in this case the score would be revised in part.

Thanks friend.

I found what I think are 3 good scenarios. We have a massive 9 players signed up, so it will be an 8 player tourney.

Still its a start and as the saying goes, youve got to start somewhere. All games will be mirrored so as to balance them up a bit more.

Still time to sign up as 16 would be ideal and Im sure there are more than 16 guys playing SF, aren't there?

GSX, I would love to sign up, but I'm not exactly sure how I would go about doing that. I followed one of the links in your original post, where I read the following:

"Registering here does NOT mean you wil be entered into the Tournament. When the Tournament is available you will see a link to it on the left (just like the one to the Crete Tourney that you can see now).

When you see it, click the link and then register there for the tournament."

As of today I still haven't seen a link to the tournament.

GSX, I would love to sign up, but I'm not exactly sure how I would go about doing that. I followed one of the links in your original post, where I read the following:

"Registering here does NOT mean you wil be entered into the Tournament. When the Tournament is available you will see a link to it on the left (just like the one to the Crete Tourney that you can see now).

When you see it, click the link and then register there for the tournament."

As of today I still haven't seen a link to the tournament.

Thats because Im still hopefull that we will get more guys. When the registration is open you will see it, where I said.