TCP/IP interupted?

Swift

I'm suffering from the same problems that several people seam to have with the game freezing and aborting after receiving some TCP/IP game turns. I usually run my PC over a crossed etherlink cable against a Mac. My question is whether other programs that send information over the TCP/IP protocol could interfere and cause this problem (or some of it)? I mean programs that check for mail or adjust the clock via an internet server.

The most common element to the 'TCP/IP Crash' is that a crew has been captured. There can be other causes too, but this is the most common. I wouldn't think that another program utilizing TCP/IP at the same time should cause a problem with CM. Each program should be using its own port in the TCP/IP protocol to communicate, unless a program is doing something wrong this should typically prevent them from interfering with each other solely in the regard to TCP/IP communications.

Several players have used on-line chat programs at the same time as running a CM TCP/IP session.