Campaign request - Chechnya

Just finished Paper Tiger's brilliant campaign (for the third time;)) and that left me craving for more Red on Red action and what better theater than the first Chechen war, which was one of the firsest conflicts in the last 40 years. Grozny was pretty much Stalingrad with modern weapons.

Considering the popularity of Staligrad theme with CMBB, why not port it to modern theatre. Campaign could follow an airborne battalion augmented with special forces units as it struggles through the outskirts and the the city itself. Battlles for Rail Road station, Central Bank, Hotel "Kavkaz", Minutka square could be included culminating with attempts at taking Dudaev's Palace. Not one building was left standing in Grozny so scenario designers could really have some fun here. Lots of artillery, desperate last stands, and biggest urban fight post WW2.

I have quite a few video links (in Russian though, but they show the landscape nicely).

http://artofwar.ru/m/mironow_w_n/text_0180.shtml

Interesting read on the subject from personal perspective (if u can bear with so-so translation, and lots of parts cut off due to not being translated yet; in original was a very powerful read though).

p.s.: if not entire campaign then maybe a scenario;)

scroll to page 92 on pdf, very interesting read and a captivating plot for a scenario.

http://usacac.army.mil/CAC/milreview/English/JulAug01/JulAug01/bobja01.pdf

A Chechnya campaign would be good. To do it justice though I think we'd need some terrain mods to represent light snow, as all the videos of the war I've seen on You Tube show Russian troops fighting in very cold conditions, often with a bit of snow on the ground.

The middle-east setting is becoming a bit stale now. I wish BFC would announce a new contemporary warfare game featuring the CIS vs. Chechnya or perhaps NATO in some future conflict so we can have temperate terrain with snow as an option.

To do Chechnya you would need:

Water

Mud

Snow, all types

Frozen land, no snow

Orchards

Tilled ground

Planted ground with crops

Buildings to approximate factories

Lots more levels of terrain

Forest with underbrush

Nice to have would be:

Animal transport

Different crops: wheat, corn, maybe barley

Varying fordability of water

Tunnels

AAA able to attack helicopters

Chechens monitor Russian radio nets

Chechens can give commands on Russian radio nets

Infantry assault from helicopters

Russian infantry have tons of RPG-16

The first war lasted almost 2 years, so why not do a summer campaign? No need for snow or mud then, and stock CMSF simulates summer Chechen landscape fairly well.

Rest of the things are either outside the scope or open to imagination:)

My list of would be:

Defensive works

Infantry firing ports on BMP

BTR-80

Mine clearing explosives for engineer units (also usable to demolish buildings), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine-clearing_line_charge