New scenario: "Laurel and Hardy".

I have posted a new scenario on CMMODS called "Laurel and Hardy". It portrays an American armoured sweep and clear operation along a stretch of Damascus highway in the closing days of the war.

I recommend using MikeyD's "Highway Fix" mod when playing this scenario as the map features detailed highway interchanges with curves and ramps etc.

I will improve the scenario with flavour objects etc. if people like it.

Cpl Steiner, just played the mission through and enjoyed it.

Would it be possible to attach some kind of points to destroying the Saggers? My M1s managed to soak up their fire pretty well without sustaining damage and therefore there was little incentive to close and destroy them. I know using tanks to draw fire is a risky business but it worked surprisingly well.. Didn't lose any Bradleys.

Particularly liked the staggered platoon arrival, helped a lot when playing RT as I could concentrate on each side of the highway individually.

Originally posted by Darkmage:

Would it be possible to attach some kind of points to destroying the Saggers? My M1s managed to soak up their fire pretty well without sustaining damage and therefore there was little incentive to close and destroy them.

Darkmage,

Thanks for your feedback - it is much appreciated. As I said, the map could do with some spicing up to make it more interesting but I wanted to see if it was a project worth continuing with first.

You make a good point about the Saggers. It would be an easy change to award more points for these high value enemy units and would be in keeping with the mission objectives of sweeping the highway up to "Hardy".

I may change the mission to give some sort of waypoint reaching bonus for getting as far as "Hardy", and your idea of giving a point boost for knocking out the Saggers is something I will definitely consider.

Congrats on not losing any Brads. I lost quite a few in play-testing myself so you did well.