Taskforce Wellington

It's a little unpolished and probly unprofessional but it's my first attempt and a lot of work went into the individual scenarios.

Please check out Taskforce Wellington at www.cmmods.com and see what you think.

It's the story of a company sized group tackling the day to day issues of combat and survival.

Hope you have fun.

Mishga, I had fun playing through this however I didn't feel they were that many tactical decisions to be made.

That artillery barrage in the final mission was scary! never seen so many US troops rout before.. got a minor defeat in that mission due to casualties but not sure how I'd minimise them with the opening barrage. A bit more in the briefings would be nice too smile.gif

raggyomar.jpg

I totally agree with all those points, Darkmage.

The next campaign will have more detailed briefings etc etc.

I literally threw this campaign together to see if I could make a campaign. It will become better as I gain expertise at the craft.

I have a fair bit of time when the kids are at nursery now and Meach is at work. Plus I have two PC's to work on so I can put together two scenarios at once with two copies of CMSF.

I potter about on one for a while, go do some housework, potter about on the other etc etc.

The thing is I think I may have quantity over quality just now. I might have to tone down the output to work on scenario's a little longer to up the quality. What do you think?

The campaign, can be played in about 45mins, I think. I got through it an hour and Meach rattled through it in about 30mins.

What I miss is being able to set the storyline between missions. Am I missing something?

A campaign needs some sort of storyline to bind it all together. However, it's not necessary to start out with your story and build the campaign around it. When I started my last jobbie, I had about 5 or 6 maps and a rough idea of the core forces I wanted but no story. The story evolved as I playtested the missions or drew new maps. That was last time. In my current project, I had the story all worked out before I started and am designing the scenarios to match it.

As to the quality. I don't have much time to play other people's missions as I spend all my game time working on my own projects. However, perhaps you could download a few from CMMODS youself and see how they compare to yours work? Mark Ezra is quite prolific too so you could check out some of his missions. Big City Blues was very good I believe. There have also been a few good missions from Pete Wenman and the Phantom and the fighting CB and quite a few others that I've never got round to doing yet. And of course, there's webwing's Ghost campaign which is the most popular offering so far.

I would recommend some of George Mc's to you too but you'll just get discouraged if you compare your work to his.