Campaign Mission Help

I'm on the 4th *I believe* mission, the one after the airfield mission and I find it challenging. I put my recon units on the hill and they see the enemies but don't communicate to the leaders so my abrams just walk into traps even when I know they are there. Is there a strategy to use recon hmmvs or to beat this mission?

do you mean the "salt pan" mission, a long a narrow map!?

forgett the recon humvees, they wont find traps just because.

if its the saltpan mission you probably see AT3 constantly slaming into the ground towards the end of the map. no worry about that, the enemy it trieing to summon AT-3s back there but the spell fails all the time :D

try to get up the abrams onto the hill to the left, place em up there, some tanks will arive about 15 minutes into the map.

everything in the trenches, gets spotted and cleared out with infanty in the lead, actually a simple mission if we talk about the same one.

Unbutton your recon hummers to use the advanced optics. Go slow. Sometimes I try to spot units with infantry, because they can hide easier. Then once I know where the enemy is, I can slide my tanks or apc's up and try to hit the threat from multiple angles at the same time. Kinda like when you see the old apaches (native americans, not helos) come over the hill all at the same time.

yeah we speak of the same mission. But I do "open up" the recon humvees but they aren't useful because:

1. They spot enemies but don't identify them

2. They can't communicate with my tanks and tell them positions (unless I just don't know how to use them)

And i've tried rushing in with 2 tanks on the hill, and 2 tanks on the other side of the road but they just get raped with RPG's until they are knocked out or immobilized. Is there a strategy to use tanks to destroy anything in the trenches?

btw i'm using ver. 1.08

i does not mean you should place your tanks on the enemy side of the hill, but on your side, so they can look over(the hill top) to the enemy, partly in cover. if you ride into the enemy reverse slope defense with your tanks its logical that they will eat all that there is.

that why you have the cheap US soldiers and strykers. you send them ahead, they draw fire. 1st row soldiers, 2nd row close behind strykers, behind that whatever, maybe 2 tanks, if you have 2 on the hill for overwatch.

let the infantry HUNT so they go to the ground as soon as they get shot at.

that way you will be able to spot them and than just hit em with the infantry and the strykers.

make sure your 40mm stryker is in a good spot.

other than that, if you play RT, consider the "pause" button if things get to hot. make a brake and think about what to do for a moment.

also if you notice it gets too dangerous for a stryker or a precious tank, consider the "reverse" command.

Is there a strategy to use tanks to destroy anything in the trenches?
no....or yes, if you would stand on the other side of the salt pan. but you come from the wrong side.

[ April 30, 2008, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Pandur ]