Occupy and preserve?

I'm building a scenario where I want blue (human) to capture certain buildings without destroying them. As I understand it with the 'occupy' condition they could capture certain buildings even if they are destroyed in the process by still occupying the painted objective zone, although the building is rubble.

Is there a way to make the red (ai) get points if the blue team destroy the building? I could paint another zone with the condition 'preserve' on top of the blue 'occupy' zone but I don't want to give the blue side extra points. I could give the red side the zone and set to destroy and give them points if the building is destroyed but will they get points if blue destroys it or only if red destroys it - which I don't want them to do.

Hope this makes sense. :confused:

Anyone with experience in this, or does 'occupy' mean you have to capture the building intact?

Thanks.

First off, occupy only affects an area, it diesn't matter whether a building in the selected area is intact or destroyed. However, up to now, occupy didn't really work as it should. Units were achieving the occupy objective even if they were far away. I don't know if that has been fixed in recent patches - as I understood it, fixes to actual gameplay were priority. People mostly use the touch objective instead.

For the destroy/preserve thing, I'd try using the destroy objective for red. The AI won't destroy the building by itself, so it only gets the points if blue does so.

However, there seems to be a random bug which still needs to be fixed, because the preserve/destroy objective doesn't work sometimes. You'll probably have to test it.