Space limitations in Mac ResEdit graphics resource file?

Buckeye

I ran into a problem today, and wondered if anyone else had encountered it. I was installing some winter mods, and the Graphics 13 file would not accept any more files. I tried both Mac mod managers, and no go. They both acted as if they were installing the files, but when I checked, the larger .bmp files had not been installed.

I swapped in a fresh Graphics 13 file, and had no problem installing any of the mods that wouldn't install on the other file. My original Graphics 13 file was about 16 megs in size. It seems likely that there is a restriction on the size of ResEdit resource files that limits how many mods can be installed. Does anyone know this for sure?

I hope that CM2 includes more than one graphics file for winter camo. One is not enough, especially as high-res mods become more common.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

The MacOS Resource Manager limits the number of resources in one file to 2700 or so. How many resources you already have in the file?

The problem could be due to large PICTs sizes. Try to increase ResEdit/Mod Manager memory partition, hope it will help.

The resource file had about 550 bmp's in it, so it didn't approach the 2700 limit. It also did not appear to be a memory limit in either of the mod programs. I increased the amount allotted to both, but could try to make it even bigger. I suspect it's a limit in the size of the resource file, not the number of files. The high-res mods take up a lot of space. I'll be interested to know what you find out, TT.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"