Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AAR: "Chance Encounter"

Merry Christmas Folks.

And to give a bit Tribute to the Lots of Scenario Designers here i got my First AAR of the Scenario MarkEzra designed. A CMBO remake Transfered into CMSF. I had alot of Fun but on the Other Hand i seen some Flaws in the Game Mechanics that still needs to be Fixed. The Trees are giving almost no cover and i got no clue how they Stop LOS. Sometimes they do most times they dont. Absolutly not Comparable to CMx1 wich whas more PRedictable and Logical thn CMx2 in its actuall State of Development.

So i got out with my MGS Stryker A Company. We had some MMG Sections and 3 of the MGS Strykers. Backed up by some 120mm Mortar and 80mm Mortar behind the Lines.

Covered bye the MMGs i started to drive out 2 strykers on my Left Flank packed up with Infantry to secure the 300Point Zone around that House Fast. I drove up there and got no RPG Fire. So i drove Closer to the House and layed Smoke. Then i disembarked the Squad and gave them Hunt Commadn to Clear that house. It was nice to See that the Squad "Split" and without running around or long unrealistic regrouping they took the Straight Way into the House and entering the Building on too Doors. Thx to 1.05. They really fixed some Stuff!

After i secured the Left Flank i drove 1 MGS in the Map Center. On the Right Flank i Setup 2 MGS and one Squad of INfantry to Take the Hill on my Right Flank with the 100Point Zone.

The MGS in the Mapcenter spotted Loads of Enemy units passing bye from the Mapcenter to my Right Flank. The where covered by 3 T-72Turmst :eek:

I tryed to suprise one of the Tanks with my MGS and on my second approach i took a good Chance and Shot his Weak Back Armour leave him burning and my Crew was cheering. ^^

After that i tryed on the Second T-72 but he saw me First and shot my Stryker with a single Burst. And here is one of the Problems with CMx2. The Spotting System. I had Clear LOS and LOF to the Target and the MGS Stryker sometimes took ages to spot Units that have been REconed Minutes before and been Marked on a TacMap. They have them in the Stryker and they are updated. So they must find the Enemy Faster then the T-72s do. Sometimes Spotting is simply Strange and you cant predict whom sees the other First. And in CMSF its "First see - First Kills" so its even more important to spot first then in CMx1. Borg Spotting is gone but u still cant Suprise an Enemy Tank with Shoot and Scoot because he Recognizes you real Fast and Kills you.

Okay but Game keeps going and so i lost another Stryker to the 2x T-72 trough Big Woods and behind a Hill where there should have been no LOF/LOS but hey i hope they Fix it someday. Then i start to put up my Javelins on the Left Flank. Rushing to the Strykers and back on the Rooftop to kill those Tanks. 2 of Three Javelins where Missing and the Third hits the T-72 Fat ontop but he still was alive. Maingun and Tracks intact and Pounding my Men wich where firing with a Jav on him. All other LAW and RPGs didnt Hit the Tanks or didnt do any Damage and i had a Problem on my Right Flank. They did Serious Damage and killed Whole Squads wich tryed to appoach on the Hill on my Left Flank. I couldnt Take them out for the Whole Match but i did some good Job pounding his Trail of Inf with my Mortars and inflicted some Heavy Casualtiys.

At the End of the Match it was getting quiet and all Units where almost dead, Broken or out of Ammo.

4Minutes bevore Scenario endet my Last Mortar Rounds where Killing some Syrians and then it was over.

I Took 2 Zones with 400 Points and inflicted some Casualtiys worth 200 Points. Enemy didnt Manage to get any of the Zones and did not Enough Casualties to me.

Results:

US Losses: Nearly One and a Half Platoon. 3 MGS, 3MMGs

Syrian Losses: 1 T-72 and another almost dead, 2 Platoons

US:Syria = 600:0 = Total Victory to me

After the Game i looked the T-72 that where hit by Several LAWs and a Javelin Hit and he was really upset. Every System was broken but not the Important one. Tracks Machineguns and Main Gun was Intact but all other Systems where down and only one Crew Member was Operating the whole Tank.

Was Fun to play and i enjoyed it but the CMx2 Engine suprised me in Some Way but on the Other Hand also left a tride Taste in my Mouth.

Sry for my Bad English but i hope you read the Review of this Mission.

Greetz from Germany

Taki1980

• 2 weeks later...