Briefings question

Thanks for the reply mate smile.gif

I find it strange that BF has set up making the briefings that way. It was such a simple task with the CMx1 editor.

What I did to work around this problem, was to create two new folders within the game and called them 'screenshots' and text briefing'.

Here's another problem I encountered. When placing items such as bus shelters and lamp posts, you can't see them on the 2D map (which is a bit silly!) but can view them in the 3D map. This makes placing such items a real chore as your never sure if they are in the correct position :rolleyes:

Tommy,

Yea the flavor objects are a pain in the ass. What I generally have done when making a map is create everything in the 3D world and then if possible even go ahead and test the scenario, then go back and add in flavor stuff. Just too time consuming to create it all then test it and decide the farm you built with all this debris everywhere needs to go.

In the manual it suggests painting objectives on tiles that you want flavour objects to be on before you add the flavour objects. Once in 3D Preview it is then easier to nudge the flavour objects around so they are all correctly positioned in the tiles you set for them. I've tried this for street lighting and telegraph poles and it definitely helps.

P.S. - Don't forget to get rid of the objectives when your done!