Terrain Elevation Question.

Originally posted by GunzAbeam:

WTF ....I'm almost afraid to ask ...what's up with the name change Mord ...I hope the weiners are not hot on your trail ..LOL

Regards,

Guns

It's the full version of my SN. I use it everywhere for the most part. Some reason when I joined the board I shortened it to Mord...I'll probably just switch it back LOL...less confusing for people after all this time.

Mord.

Originally posted by Mishga:

Ok, what you do is paint an area around where you want the elevation to stay at a certain level and pain the said tile as well. It locks it all and won't change irrespective what you do to the surrounding tiles.

I think I've got it now. Thanks!

It's a lot different than the old editor... a bit confusing at first.

Mord.

It took me a few hours to figure out the elevation editor too!! I was pulling my hair out...I get very frustrated when I cannot quickly grasp a simple concept...

Like Mishga said, just envision what you want the topography to look like, and make your first contour line the same elevation as the surrounding area with the direct tool. Then move inwards with higher elevation values. It is a nice system, but it is time consuming going back and forth from the elevation map to the 3D representation. I know it must be this way because of "abstraction" and so forth, but I would enjoy an intuitive "sim city-like" interface more, where you manipulate the ground with the mouse using different size brushes and tools.

It screws with me because I have to think backwards it seems....if I want to lower a part I have to highlight everything I don't want to change...I thought I had the hang of it but it's still frustrating...I'll get it eventually.

Mord.