Exit After / Before

Can someone provide an example on how to use these powerful commands within the editor? There always seems to be a 1 min delay from bound to bound. Is Exit After a release command? If you want to move a single vehicle from objective one to ten in 15 mins with no enemy fire how would the program look in the editor stopping at 5 waypoints.

AI programming is something we all asked for ... thus the questions.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I posted the same question not long ago. This was the most comprehensive answer I recieved from a fellow named Hawkmek:

From the manual, page 126

Exit Before / Exit After

The “Exit Before” option causes the Group to try very hard to get to the next Order before the specified time is reached.

This does not mean the Group will do it, just that it will try. If it has taken excessive casualties, is immobilized or heavily engaged it may blow the set “Exit Before” time.

The “Exit After” option does the opposite by telling the Group to stay at the current Map Zone until the specified time is reached.

With this setting a Group never moves on to the next Order before the “Exit After” time is reached.

These two options allow for some reasonable level of coordination between Groups.

You can increase the “jumps” for the above settings by holding the SHIFT key while you click on the + or - buttons.

Regards John

[ August 28, 2007, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: z1812 ]

Does the time for Exit Before/Exit After begin with the start of the Scenario time (relative to the Scenario start time), or is it totally independent? I have found it difficult to get units to move from one Order to the next. I am aware of the restraints mentioned in the manual, but these units have not been under fire.

Hi Chops,

Regardless of whatever time you choose your scenario to start the exit before/after timer begins at 00:00. Compute from there.

In one scenario I am making one group would not move as directed. I changed the start and finish locations on the map and that did the trick.

I hope that helps.

Regards John

[ August 28, 2007, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: z1812 ]

Thanks John,

So if I understand you correctly, the exit before/exit after times are relative to the Scenario start time.

On another topic - I searched these Forums but have not been able to find an answer to the following questions:

Do you know where I can upload a Scenario that I designed?

Is Madmatt's Combat Mission HQ website going to be hosting Scenario's again?

I checked out his website http://www.combatmission.com

and it looks like it hasn't been updated in well over a year.