Tips on making Preview Maps

Here is an idea for a scenario I'm making.

It is a simple raid on a target house.

Strategic map is used as an OB of your units.

Operational map is used for two "recon photo's" of the target house.

Tactical map area is your standard satelite overhead view of the target.

I tried to make some quick, "sloppy" Operational Graphics, to simulate the commanders reduced planning time.

1240953322_ac015e1b57.jpg

Originally posted by Kevin Kinscherff:

These maps :

Strategic Map: 224 x 224 pixels

Operational Map: 702 x 224 pixels

Tactical Map: 952 x 350 pixels

that the user views after selecting a battle are a nice feature. The ones that shipped with the product are nice. Any tips on making these for our post launch battles?

Kevin

You can "export" any image from an existing scenario to a file on your computer using the CM:SF scenario editor. This would probably be ideal for a strategic map of Syria.

Alternatively, just find a map on the web (Wikipedia has good ones of Iraq and Baghdad for instance), copy the image or the screen (alt + print-screen), and paste it into a paint package to cut out what you want and make it the right size. One such package is Paint.NET, which you can download and install absolutely free.

Likewise, for tactical maps, just screen print the map editor screen or the editor 3D-Preview screen and alter it in Paint.NET.

Hi tc237!

That briefing looks excellent! It is a great idea to have the TOE chart in there.

Off topic,

Take a look at the UAV recon photo I Photoshoped for one AAR I wrote a time ago.

CMSFAAR1_UAVIntel.jpg

tongue.gif

I wish I had the drive to polish my scenario as much as you.

Looking forward to play your scenario.