Assaulting buildings - a subject I like to discuss

Just accidentally discovered a tactic which seems to make asaulting a building a lot easier.

I had a squad targeting a building I knew enemy troops were in as area fire. Once I got an M240 set up to start firing on the building, I ordered the squad to FAST over some dead ground to get up to the building so I could breach and clear it.

However, I forgot to take the area fire order off.

Once they got into position up close to the building, they grenaded and machine-gunned it very thoroughly. I ordered them to breach and move into the building, which they did, firing and grenading all the way, I assume because the area fire command was on.

No casualties going in, and a load of dead enemy combatants on the first floor.

Happy days!

This seems to be the best method for taking down buildings.........Using "Target AREA fire" (it seems, from most AARs)...

Better yet, with splitting up teams...and having one provide target area fire from an overwatch.....with the other moving quickliy into the building with an "target area fire" command as well....