AI and artillery

Hi all,

Maybe I do miss something or overlook it.... but is it possible to do an artillery strike via the AI after a certain time?

Lets say I want an artillery strike on a certain place after 5 minutes the is game started.

Is this possible?

Any one suggestions?

Thank you;

Regards,

War Raven.

According to the manual:

"The scenario designer can specify Support Targets for the Computer Player's artillery to use at the beginning of the scenario. Such artillery strikes represent preplanned bombardments for a side controlled by a Computer Player."

and...

"Artillery and Air Support Assets not used against the Support Targets are available for the AI to use during the regular course of battle."

In theory then, the AI should automatically use any artillery or air assets available as and when opportunities for their use arise.

Has anyone actually seen the AI use artillery or air assets mid-game? Presumably this would be easy to check by simply creating a scenario with a Blue AI plan and lots of artillery and playing it as Red. As practically any US unit can call in artillery, strikes should be called in very frequently if the AI is doing its job properly.

Via baking the game it gives only a max delay for 15 minutes..... I need more extra time.

Testing the AI and artillery pre ordering (12 different targets) gives me in the first 17 minutes of the game (I need more time) a barrage on the different targets.

It seems the AI pick them randomly? Not from target one to target two and up.

Did anyone got this random order also?

It would be great if you can use the artillery or air strikes via the AI all the time on different targets between 0 and 120 minutes (for the moment)

Regards,

War Raven

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

so how do you make the ai use arty in designated areas? i see the support part of the ai screen in the map editor, but i dont know how to assign units to it (like arty or airstrike) [/QB]

Just add some artillery to your AI troops, click on target one and mark a area for artillery barrage. Make your choice between destroy and suppress etc.

Do this for all your targets.

Not yet tested this for air strikes. anyone tested this for air strikes?

Hmmmmm, maybe I tested the wrong side ;)