Stuck on mission: House Cleaning

I'm completely new to this game and my tactical ability on the battlefield leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm totally stuck on the mission called House Cleaning in which you have to assault the hospital complex.

To cut a long story short, I approach the ditch with the strykers and dismount. From that point on my infantry get suppressed and massacred unless they're tucked right next to the wall, in which case they can't fire back. I even blew a couple of holes in the wall to allow my infantry to return fire but the enemy simply shoots through the holes and kills my guys.

The strykers suppress well for a short while but eventually the gunners get taken-out by small arms fire. RPGs also pose a problem for the strykers.

This is all before reinforcements arrive. I can only guess that they'd swiftly get massacred too.

Any tips from people who actually have completed it?

You are approaching the ditch too early. Keep your Strykers and infantry near your edge of the map and kill as many Syrians as possible from there.

Start with a half-squad or two dismounted to act as "bait" so the Syrians fire and reveal their positions. Kill or suppress any revealed Syrians with the Strykers. Then dismount some Javelin teams to take out IDed Syrians in the upper floors.

Then you are ready to advance some Strykers to the ditch with infantry mounted. Keep at least half your force back as overwatch. Syrians in ground floor positions will still be active, so don't park your Strykers in front of breaches in the wall (RPGs!). Dismount a halfsquad to peek through a breach and draw fire from ground floor Syrians. Kill/suppress IDed Syrians. Rinse, lather, repeat.

By this point, most of the Syrians should be dead, so you should be able to safely drive a Stryker-bourne squad up to the main building where they can dismount and enter. Use smoke liberally.

I just completed it! Your way does sound a lot better, but mine worked nonetheless.

My basic tactic was suppress, suppress, suppress, advance. If there's one thing the US army is good at - even in this game - it's throwing a lot of ammo in the direction of the enemy.

I basically advanced all four strykers to about 20m in front of the ditch and shot anything that moved using 40mm nades for 15 minutes until reinforcements arrived.

I then popped smoke, dismounted and advanced all infantry squads up against the wall. I then blew a hole in the wall and sent 2nd platoon into the small buildings on the left. 1st platoon went into the hospital but only after a heck of a lot of suppression from the strykers. For some annoying reason I couldn't blow a hole in the hospital wall even though I tried it with two separate squads; they just sat there doing nothing. I had to run into the side doors whilst under fire.

Another annoying aspect was the way in which my men behaved inside the buildings when coming under fire from the enemy; they often refused to shoot back etc. On one occasion I ordered a squad to move from one small building to the adjoining one. Instead of going from ground floor to ground floor they went onto the roof and got massacred. Stuff like that is really annoying.

So tell me, what did you kill the ground floor Syrians with if your strykers were behind the wall? My infantry tended to get a hammered if they stood in a gap. I was only able to suppress the ground floor enemy with 2nd platoon who were housed in the small buildings on the left.

Originally posted by Lightning War:

So tell me, what did you kill the ground floor Syrians with if your strykers were behind the wall? My infantry tended to get a hammered if they stood in a gap. I was only able to suppress the ground floor enemy with 2nd platoon who were housed in the small buildings on the left.

That's what your "overwatch" element is for: Strykers, Javelins, etc. They can still shoot through the holes in the wall at ground floor Syrians, just keep the overwatch Strykers out of RPG range (200m +).

My plan is try to kill those enemy reserve force before they enter the hospital(I used one stryker flanking and blocking the enemy's rear,the best route is your right flank)meanwhile use Javelins to destroy those small buildings surrounding the hospital then we can pop smoke and enter the main building to clear all the enemy force

my result is 5 wounded and syrian army surrender :D

Err~~sorry for my poor English~~ :(