Formation Lock?

One of my favorite tactics in this game is when I've found a significant enemy position is to get my Stryker platoon into a skirmish line and slowly advance on the position with guns to the front. It's a good tactic.

What I'd like to be able to do is lock my formation so that the vehicles will keep the same distance, direction, etc., while they move up on the enemy. This would also be useful to make a column for a road march also.

Charger the only way to really do that right now is anytime you wish to move the entire group hold down your shift key and drag the box over the entire unit. Then select whichever vehicle in the group you want to base the movement off of, give him an order to move, all the other vehicles in the group will get a move order relative to the unit you had selected. It's the closest you can get to a formation lock, but I wouldn't recommend doing this with any high speed commands as you're still likely to get issues.

I think the biggest issue is keeping good spacing, I know I've been guilty myself of stacking my units a lot closer together than SOP would dictate especially in road marches. Keep in mind you should have probably 50-100m between vehicles, give them that much room between and even the Tac AI shouldn't mess you up too much.

It's fairly easy to micromanage and get good results. I'd like something that's a little more easier and practical. There could be a four or five set formations (column, skirmish line, wedge, vee, echelon) that vehicles and/or infantry squads assume.

As it is, I can micromanage and get the same effect, but sometimes I get two idiot drivers and who can't seem to figure out which vehicle should go first while both sit in an ambush kill zone. I keep hearing the voice of my drill instructor saying, "That kind of crap is gonna get my Lance Corporals killed out in the fleet!"

Anyway, it'd be something on my wish list and I think it would really be a good improvement to the game.