Area Targeting Buildings

Has anyone had better luck with the area targetting of buildings? Playing training scenario 4, I notice that my strykers tend to pour all their rounds into the exact same spot, as if I'd told them to target that one particular cinderblock... worse, I don't get to pick the cinderblock (or window), it just defaults to the center of the selected floor. Any advice or wisdom?

I've wondered about this as well. I'm hoping that there's some level of abstraction going on, which would spread fire around an entire building. As far as I can tell, even though fire is concentrated on one area, anyone inside the building is still supressed.

Obviously the place doesn't matter nearly as much with a javelin or a 105 shot from MGS vehicles.

I'm comfortable with that abstraction, and it does explain why the building ended up filled with dead syrians... but does that mean that any unit that has LOS to just the center of the building applies its fires to everyone on that level? Conversely, will I be able to use area fire on a roughly spotted squad hanging out on one end of a building if I don't also have LOS to the center? It's a bit of a nitpick, but I can imagine some strange ramifications with larger sized buildings.