Unable to Claim Objectives post 1.07

I upgraded to 1.07 when I was on the Normandy map (hedgrow one, forgot its name) and played the following mission also in the campaign and no matter what I do or how many troops I saturate the objective areas (the green highlighted squares) I cannot get the objective secured message in the mission nor complete the objective in the after action screen.

Is anyone else suffering this problem, this only happened after 1.07, besides that everything runs sweet.

jezza,

There was a bug like this in an earlier version but it was fixed. I hope it hasn't returned!

If you could try to remember which scenario you played I'm sure that would help BFC fix it.

[EDIT] I just did a quick test using a mock-up scenario with all types of objective available and I'm pleased to say everything seems to be working correctly.

Are you sure you're not confusing objective types or what side they are for? For instance, it is possible for one side to have an objective that is visible on the map to the other side. If the other side took the objective it wouldn't give them any points because it isn't meant for them.

[ February 26, 2008, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

In 1.06, I built a test mission and had an objective around a building. The first few times I couldn't get it to work. Went back in and deleted the original objective, drew a new one and voila! It worked. Haven't seen the problem since.

I still have intermittent issues with touch (may be I just don't understand it) and destroy/preserve.

Hmmm,

I just played a QB that had this. I saturated an isolated green area and never got control of it. No enemy there.

Sorry, I don't know what the map was.

The good news was that there were no crashes.

The bad news was I never figured out how to turn off the friggin' green highlight for the objectives. I know it must be really obvious, but, er, toss me a friggin' bone? How do you toggle it off?

Thanks,

Ken

We have looked at the files sent to us and in two of the objectives ("Causeway" and "Route Dodge"), they were assigned zero points by the scenario author. This means they aren't being shown in the AAR screen. We will change that in v1.08 so even though they're worth nothing, at least they will be displayed.

We are also looking at implementing a further change to prevent the gamey use of certain units (like a hidden spy or VIED driver, which are extremely hard to spot unless they are actively doing something) from preventing a force from "claiming" the points from an objective.

Madmatt

• 8 months later...