Sound issue in 1.07

Starting with 1.07 I noticed that I can not hear sounds coming from directly in front of the camera, such as units firing, vehicles moving, units talking, explosions, etc. If I move the camera next to or angle away from where the sound should be coming from I can hear them. I had no problems before 1.07. My sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.

There were no changes at all made to then sound engine nor were any new sounds added, replaced or modified in 1.07.

Is anyone else seeing something like this?

If you still have the old v1.06 patch (and some mirrors are still hosting it) I would try and patch with 1.06 and see if the sound reverts back to how it was before.

That would at least help us to isolate if 1.07 was indeed then root cause of the problem.

Be sure and also check your Windows sound settings to make sure its set for the type and amount of speakers you have.

Madmatt

First I reapplied 1.06 and I still had the problem. Next I reinstalled 1.04 and still had the problem. I downloaded all the updates for my card available from Creative and I still had the problem. Then I reinstalled 1.07 and the problem went away. I don't know what did it, but it is fixed now.