T72 vs Bradley

Look at this, a T72 engages a M2A2 at less than 200 meters (1st shoot, must be HEAT then). You can clearly see the point of impact on the upper front side of the Bradley, which manages to survive and keep firing.

I'm not a tank expert, but I have mixed feeling about the fact that a heat shell can't destroy a IFV at short distance.

link to short video (~3 mb) : http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=6964

Indeed. With a HEAT round, range doesn't really matter at all. All that matters is where the round hits, and at what angle.

You also can't really draw any conclusions from a single incident. Luck in war is a capricious thing, and every once in a while a Bradley probably would survive a 122mm HEAT hit. Not very often, but occasionally.

So I don't think you have all that much to complain about, based on one isolated incident. If it's happening consistently, that's another matter.

As to the instant case, I don't know if CMSF models hit location to this degree of accuracy, but it looks like the round impacts on the upper left corner of the front glacis, more or less flat to the ground, but at an outward angle, away from the vehicle's centerline. Such a hit might not penetrate the fighting compartment at all, but rather cause a "through and through," with the penetration jet punching through the front glacis, and then immediately out the side of the vehicle. This would also explain the track damage.

In short, impossible to tell for sure without more data points, but it's quite possible that you just got very unlucky.

Cheers,

YD