Laptop Prolem

I'm trying to get CMSF to run on my laptop

Fujitsu T Series LifeBook

Pentium® M 1.6 GHz

504MB Ram

Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005

Ver 2002 Service Pack 2

When trying to click "OK" following a battle briefing I get the following error:

The instruction at "0x00f64f0b" referenced memory at "0x8017d984". The memory could not be "read".

Any ideas what I need to adjust?

Mike

From what little I can tell, this laptop/Tablet PC uses the Intel 852/855 integrated video chipset. This probably isn't sufficient enough to run CMSF. The video drivers for this laptop may be customized beyond the standard ones that Intel offers on their website since this display can pivot.

Intel does offer drivers for Windows XP Tablet PC edition. I'm not sure if they would be completely compatible with the Fujitsu laptop you have. If you can get the current Fujitsu-released drivers, you may want to try the latest Intel video driver.

Integrated video chipsets typically have lackluster performance when it comes to 3D gaming. They're usually not oriented towards games due to this lack of performance and driver updates that seem necessary with almost any video processor. Integrated video chipsets typically are geared towards power savings and 2D applications. OpenGL, the graphics API that CMSF uses, sees even less support among integrated video chipsets than the more common DirectX/3D. You may want to download Realtech-vr's OpenGL Extension viewer and run its display tests and see what actual support for OpenGL your drivers have. If you can get hardware support for OpenGL 1.2/1.3, then you may have the minimum required by CMSF (though it does utilize some OpenGL 2.0 extensions, to my knowledge).