Possible problem: 1.03 and Anti Aliasing

I had problems with AA when I tried the game after the patch without touching any settings, but it works for me now. I have NVIDIA 6600gts, ForceWare version 163.44 and Windows XP

I'm not sure what exactly helped but I set screen resolution to "desktop" (I'm using 1280x960 on desktop, I had 1024x768 in game), then I set antialiasing manually to "2x" from NVIDIA Control Panel. Restarted the game and AA worked.

I am also having problems with anti-aliasing not working at all, no matter which setting combinations I choose both in game or in ATI panel, and believe me, I have tried a lot of different options.

The program run smooth as silk before 1.03 was installed.

My basic sistem specs.

AMD 64 3200+

ATI X800 GTO (latest official drivers)

XP SP2

Thank you BFC for your efforts.

Originally posted by Trooper5:

See my post in help with nVidia problems.

Thank you Trooper5 but your workaround doesn't work for me.

My problem is: If I set up manualy the Anti-Aliasing and Ansiotropic values in ATI control panel I get major glitches and all kind of annoying effects in CMSF. So I must activate "use application settings" in the graphics card menu which kills the glitches but then, no matter what I choose in-game settings, Anti-Aliasing doesn´t work at all.

Running other programs (FB, SH-IV) I do not experience AA malfunctions at all.

Further advice would be welcome guys.

Thanks in advance.

[ September 02, 2007, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Ala11_Kal ]