Installing the game on a portable disk

I employ a 100GB portable disk to take archives from work to home and viceversa. Therefore, I found quite practical to install several games (CMBB, CMAK, TacOps)I use to pbem play at the office in my spare time directly into it. I launch them directly from there and the office's computers remain clean.

Is that compatible with the electronic registration?

I mean, if I install it first at home, then on my portable disk, will I be able to play it from the latter in different machines without having to uninstall CMSF from my portable disk and re-install it every time? (two installations in total)

I didn't purchased it yet, I have been collecting info, and so far, the game plays very well in my systems, excepted for a minor luminosity problem I referred to in another thread, so I am almost decided. But I want to know about my portable disk and what version to purchase (either electronic download, disc, etc).

Cheers,

Panta