eLicense program crashes

I've had the eLicense program crash every time I tried to register CMSF using the online method. I enter the license code (or whatever it was called) and click the button to register the game online. The program just barely starts and then promptly crashes with a Windows error message (and a query if I want to send a error report to Microsoft). The program never gets so far as to actually register the game.

I managed to register the game using the offline method and have been able to play the game, so all is well for me now. However, I wanted to report this crash as it is quite annoying and had there not been an alternate way of registering, it would have prevented me from registering and thus playing the game.

As this is not a game performance issue, per se, I don't think you need my computer's specs (or?). My OS is a Finnish language Win XP Home SP2.

P.S. No, this had nothing to do with firewalls or some such, I tried to register with my firewall and virus scanner switched completely off - the result was the same (i.e. license program crashing).

Hmm, I don't know. I am running with admin privileges, of course, and I had "turn on DEP for essential..." selected (item 6 on the FAQ). As I have already registered the game, I don't want to start messing around with the alternate option in item 7 on the FAQ, as it looks like it could cause some unforseen hassles in other games/programs. Maybe that option in item 7 would have helped, I dunno.

You see, this was more or less, a 'for your information' kind of post only, to let you know of a problem with the licensing program.