Hills and quick battle - no go

We are experiencing this kind of bug. We cannot make CMSF quick battles in hill terrain. The game just exits the quick battle editor to the main menu.

So far we tried a small battle with U.S. attacker and Syrian defender.

The other way around it is still the same - nope.

[ August 01, 2007, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: track ]

Yes, we are looking into several issues with QB's.

There are a couple of root issues which we are investigating.

The first one is that there is insuffecient (i.e. NONE) feedback given to a player when the game decides for one reason or another to refuse launching a QB. An appropriate map could be missing or some of the parameters might not synch up correctly but whatever the reason, we realize that simply dropping back to the main menu is not good without some kind of reason displayed and we want to fix that.

The other issue is that there is insuffecient feedback (again, NONE) given to a DESIGNER when he creates a Quick Battle Map about if his map contains all the elements needed so the game can properly use the map. For example, if the designer forgets to include a AI plan, the map cant be used in a Quick Battle since the AI units need a plan, but currently the game doesnt report this info back to the designer. Again, this is something we are looking to add.

Lastly, there could just be some plain old fashioned BUGS where for reasons not yet determined, the game just isnt properly launching a QB even though by all accounts it should.

Rest assured, we are looking into all of this.

Madmatt

In addition on this, it would be very helpfull for the scenario designer if there was some kind of God mode.

After setting up the scenario AI I would very much like to run the game with all units visible, to see if my little digital men do what I intended them to do. As it is I can only infer that on info collected using the opposing side in a real battle.... and with the Fow that intel might be not really reliable (or complete).

You can get Hills working by choosing Meeting Engagement in "Battle Type" (Its the only Battle Type that works with Hills) All other options such as unit size etc can be chosen as you wish then. Random in "Battle Type" works with Hills as well but guess "Random" is choosing Meeting Engagement also.

So Meeting Engagement works with Hills but as i found out does'nt work with Town, Rough or Forest options.

The "Bug" seems to be in the relationship between Battle Type (mainly to do with Meeting Engagement) and Environment options.

[ August 02, 2007, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]