Multiple problems, including reproducable CTD

OK, here is my setup:

IBM/Lenovo T60p laptop

Core Duo 2.0ghz

ATI FireGL v5200 512MB vid card (same as X1600)

2 GB Ram

I've tried multiple vid drivers, from Catalyst 7.1 to 7.4 (latest available for my laptop). I have also installed the XP dual core power patch, which resolved some graphical glitches I was getting.

I have the following two problems (in addition to the other thread I have going, which remains unanswered):

1) I can cause a crash to desktop every time by doing the following in the 1st mission of the campaign:

call in mortar strike.

let mortars rain down for one round.

cancel fire mission.

before moving to next round, click on mortars icon again (when the icon says 'cancel mission' or something simiar')

instant CTD, with the windows error 'Combat Mission Shock Force has caused an unknown error.'

2) 75% of the time, when exiting the game, my desktop is stuck at the resolution I was playing at (1024x768). The only way to restore the desktop resolution in Windows is to reboot. Even a 'driver reset' performed by ATI Tray Tools does not work, I *have* to reboot. This is incredible annoying, and the only game that does this to me.

Any thoughts?

I also seem to get random CTD (Crash to Desktop), this last time while saving the game in the tutorial campaign.

"CMSF has genereated errors and will close" is the popup I get from Windows.

In the Application Event log:

Event ID 1000

Faulting application cm shock force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module cm shock force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000e167f.

Is there a way to get official support for this product? I have received none so far on this forum....

I am also getting frequent CTD's in multiplayer mode. Can't find any consistency except that it happens more frequent on larger battles. My friend who has a completly different set of harware experiences the same problem when we play on LAN or Internet realtime.

My hardware is P4 3.4, ATI X800SE.

His Intel Core Duo 2.6, Gefore 8800GTX

I have experienced the same issue as Cavtroop's #1 above; upon aborting an in-progress artillery barrage the game crashes. Before the abort I tried to Adjust Target of the barrage but nothing happened when I clicked the button (2-3 times).

My specs

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

3.00 GB RAM

Radeon X800 XT 256 MB(8.205 drivers)

Yep, this is happening every time I try. Should be easy to replicate and fix, right? smile.gif

BTW, I am NOT experiencing Cavtroops other issue, with the comps resolution being changed after app close. I run the game at 1280x960 and my desktop resolution is 1024x768.