Patch bugged?

Hi,

Played unpatched Paradox version (1.0) and it ran OK, suffered only one crash when finished 1st campaign mission. And after 2 hours of play and no saves I was not too happy with that. So the patch was a nice surprise...

...but after installing it whenever I try to load a mission (no matter if battle or campaign) the loading bar goes as far as 92% and the game crashes. Every single time.

Guess it's back to unpatched for me?

Zip

Hmmm... that sounds exactly like what happens when trying to use a Battlefront (eLicense protected) patch over the Paradox (SecurRom protected) version. But since we haven't released a Battlefront patch since everybody is getting 1.01, this is odd. I'm moving this over to the Tech Support Forum.

For now I don't know what to tell you. Please keep checking this thread for updates. We will do a test ourselves (again) to see if we can isolate some sort of problem. There shouldn't be because all the game software is identical, only the copy protection is different!

Steve

Should there be Spieldateien and Fichiers du jeu folders at main folder? I haven´t noticed them before on v1.0. I have the english version installed. I tried to move savegames away and change options but nothing helps. In 12 minutes i am going to get the patch from filefront if its different than one from gamershell. I dont think it is but... :S

My specs: athlon 3000+ barton, 2056mt, geforce 7800 gs 256mt, finnish windows xp sp2.

OK, that information is both good and bad. Good because it confirms that Paradox shipped the correct version. It is bad because that file is the only thing that could possibly cause a problem. At least from our end.

We have suspicion, but we have to figure things out.

Stay tuned!

Steve

P.S. well, so much for me getting some sleep smile.gif

IMHO it´s Securom, that is the cause for the ctd.

Look at many other games like Silent Hunter 4. Since 1.3 there is no protection anymore (or Supreme Commander and so on), because Securom (and other protection systems too) was the cause for many problems in the games.

Complete hotkeys.txt:

Camera Keys

<E>W

<F>Z

<E>A

<F>Q

<E>D

<E>S

<E>Q

<F>A

<E>E

<E>V

<E>R

<E>F

<E>Z

<G>Y

<F>W

<E>X

<E>C

Misc Keys

<E>-

<E>=

<G>+

<E>T

<E>Y

<G>Z

<E>{

<E>}

Command Keys Default

<E>U

<E>I

<E>O

<E>J

<E>K

<E>L

<E>M

<F>,

<E>,

<F>;

<E>.

<F>:

Command Keys Special // target, hide, quick-move, face, pause

<E>G

<E>H

<E>B

<E>N

<E>P

Originally posted by Vesikko72:

And I got the same with my downloaded 1.01. Crashed at 92% - always!

And after uninstalling the whole lot I haven't been able to install the original (CD-ROM) anymore... Very nice.

Back to CMBO and CMBB for a while.

You have two versions of the same game?

- Download

- CD from Paradox