TOW MOD installer

Hi,

I have uploaded the TOW mod installer to www.cmmods.com, this tool does all the updating of the filesid.ini file. When defining new mod for TOW, you just add differences in files, you need to update, now program supports filesid.ini, and all encyclopedia files local\en, and encyclopedia.xml.

I would really appreciate, if someone would test this application.

br.

Dr.Jones

Ok,

1) here is info for distributing your own mod with this application:

First, there is the directory called \Data, just ignore this dir (it holds the latest (last patch) extracted TOW filesid.ini, and encyclopedia files, without any modifications), just don't delete it.

Under the TowModInstaller directory create directory and name it Mods (ex for default install location C:\Program Files\Dr.Jones\TowModInstaller\Mods). Now create also your own directory for your new mod, and name it by your own choosing (usualy the mods name ex: Flak88 smile.gif i wish ). Now create the file called mod.ini in this directory you just created (\Flak88 smile.gif ). And following fields must be created and filled.

[Mod]

Name NAME_OF_THE_MOD

Creator NAME_OF_THE_CREATOR

Version VERSION_NUMBER

DocumentLink DOCUMENT_PATH_NAME

Ex:

[Mod]

Name Flak88

Creator Dr.Jones

Version 1.0

DocumentLink http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php

Now the explanation for each field:

Name - this is field wich display mod name.

Creator - self explanatory, put your name here, real or nick.

Version - put here version number

DocumentLink - put a link to document descriebing this mod, it can be pdf, doc, http url, etc (this automaticaly executes the program which is registered on your machine to launch the file with certain extension of the file). The path, if file is specified should be relative to working dir of the TOWinstaller MOD application executable (so for ex. relative to C:\Program Files\Dr.Jones\TowModInstaller ).

Ok, now you are asking how do I prepare the files which I need to modify. This is simple, IF YOU ARE MODIFYING THE FILES WHICH ARE IN DATA DIRECTORY, YOU JUST PUT THE NEW ENTRIES IN YOUR OWN FILES. For example, I need to add a new entry to filesid.ini, and some player will not have a TOWExtractor application installed and knowing how to use it. Here comes the \data directory, there is already clean filesid.ini file for the player, which doesnt know about extracting, i provide the clean version by this application. Now back to the example, I'm adding the Flak88 to filesid.ini.

Create own empty filesid.ini and put one line like this (if your are adding more units, add more lines).

2166 data/units/car/ger/Flak88

the number 2166 can be any number you desire (it wont be used, the application will find the last number in the filesid.ini, increase it by one, and use it in the first entry in your own filesid.ini and so on.

The same rule is for all files which are in \data directory of the TOWModInstaller program.

2) FOR MOD USERS

Just copy the Mod in Mods directory which is located in TowModInstaller directory (default location C:\Program Files\Dr.Jones\TowModInstaller), if the Mods directory doesn't exist, create the directory by your self (my bug). Launch the TowMODInstaller.exe. When application

starts you should see new mod in the left listview. To activate the mod just click on mod and click on button > to transfer mod to TOW.

Before that you must select where TOW is installed. To remove mod just click on mod name which is located in the right listview

and click the < button.

Important: Don't erase the mod files when the mod is deployed, erase mod in Mod directory only when you undeploy mod from TOW!.

If you want to access some info about mod just double click on the mod in listview.

thats for now, if you have some more question, post it here.

PS: in install dir, there is some similar info in Readme.txt.

br.

Dr.Jones

[ October 25, 2007, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Dr.Jones ]

Tanks for the explanation

The TOW MOD Installer 0.9 beta, this is the last?

C:\program files\Dr.Jones\TowModInstaller\Mods\Oudy - PzIVF1 Mod

Im use the road block mod for practice,

Start TowMODInstaller.exe

Give the path for the installation of TOW

C:\program file\Battlefront\Theatre of War

Click refresh

And in the left window is empty

What i am doing wrong?

[ October 25, 2007, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: PV ]

Originally posted by PV:

Tanks for the explanation

The TOW MOD Installer 0.9 beta, this is the last?

Currently yes.

Originally posted by PV:

C:\program files\Dr.Jones\TowModInstaller\Mods\Road_block

Im use the road block mod for practice,

Start TowMODInstaller.exe

Give the path for the installation of TOW

C:\program file\Battlefront\Theatre of War

Click refresh

And in the left window is empty

What i am doing wrong?

Did you created the mod.ini file in this directory. If still doesnt work, please send me the mod.

Originally posted by PV:

can i use the TOW MOD Installer 0.9 beta for load the new mod JSH 1.0?

im using the Oudy - PzIVF1 mod, from http://www.cmmods.com

road block its a single mission

You cannot use existing mods, only if the mod creator convert it to TOW MOD Installer, that is moder's job, but it can be very easily converted to TOW MOD Installer, just remove garbage entries in filesid.ini and other encyclopedia files (including local\en dir.). If you are currently installing mods from www.cmmods.com, you need to manualy add and copy certain text entries in specified files.

br.

Dr.Jones

Originally posted by boog2006:

This installer would be better if it included all the campaign.xml and texts.utf8 files so missions could be added like a mod and include briefings.

Ok,if you think this would be of help, i will do this in next version, when i will have some extra time. Are there any other wishes?

br.

Dr.Jones

Hello Dr Jones,

I'm interested in writing the files for JSH 1.0, but it's such a huge work I want to be clear about some points :

1) In ../TowModInstaller/Mods I create a JSH folder

2) In ../TowModInstaller/Mods/JSH I have to create a mod.ini file containing this :

</font>

3) In ../TowModInstaller/Mods/JSH I have to create a FilesID.ini file with a number and a path to the file in my ../TowModInstaller/Mods/JSH folder, like :

</font>

• 1 3dobj\armoredcar\ger\ba_64_ger\Specular\sh_spec1.tga</font>
  • 2 3dobj\armoredcar\ger\ba_64_ger\Specular\sh_spec2.tga</font>
  • 3 3dobj\armoredcar\ger\ba_64_ger\Specular\sh_spec3.tga</font>
  • ... and so on</font>

Am I right ?

Originally posted by Stimo:

Hello Dr Jones,

I'm interested in writing the files for JSH 1.0, but it's such a huge work I want to be clear about some points :

1) In ../TowModInstaller/Mods I create a JSH folder

2) In ../TowModInstaller/Mods/JSH I have to create a mod.ini file containing this :

</font>

3) In ../TowModInstaller/Mods/JSH I have to create a FilesID.ini file with a number and a path to the file in my ../TowModInstaller/Mods/JSH folder, like :

</font>

• 1 3dobj\armoredcar\ger\ba_64_ger\Specular\sh_spec1.tga</font>
  • 2 3dobj\armoredcar\ger\ba_64_ger\Specular\sh_spec2.tga</font>
  • 3 3dobj\armoredcar\ger\ba_64_ger\Specular\sh_spec3.tga</font>
  • ... and so on</font>

Am I right ?

Yes, you would create the mod the same way as you would otherwise. The only difference is that you put in your own mods filesid.ini just the new entries, without setting the correct id's but only concurent id's, and in other local\en files. Mod.ini file is just for user interface thing.

br.

Dr.Jones